1. Take out your notebook and something to write with. Open to the journal section.
2. What are THREE things that bug you here at Algonquin? What should be done about them? Be as specific as possible.
3. What are THREE things that bug you in society in general? What should be done about them? Be as specific as possible.
4. What are THREE beliefs about which you are passionate? What are THREE beliefs about which others should agree with you?
5. What are TWO beliefs you always questioned but never really found an answer?
OK. Now you have a lot to pull from. For homework over break, choose THREE topics from your list and do a free write on each. Open up the flood gates. What are your thoughts/feelings/opinions? What evidence or proof from your own life do you have to support it? Each free write should be a separate paragraph.
Still struggling to nail down a topic? Go to these sites and see what other people are writing about. They may inspire you to respond.
- New York Times Op-ed at 40
- USA Today Op-Ed
- Huffington Post Blog
BLOG POSTS ARE DUE Sunday 12/8 AT 7PM